I’m a writer, illustrator and designer and I live in Charlotte, NC. I come from a Navy family so I grew up all over the country, but my wife and I call Charlotte our home. It's always been my dream to create things for a living, so that's what I do. Sometimes I get paid for it.
In addition to writing and drawing, I also like video games. Like in a "I listen to several game-related podcasts a week" kind of way. Oh, I like being a dad too. That's fun.
And now, 10 random things about me:
1. When I was a kid I had this weird OCD thing where if I touched something with one hand I had to touch it with the other too…I grew out of that.
2. I taught speech at Harding University for a year. Turns out I really enjoy teaching college students. I think I might give it another go someday.
3. I have always wanted to skateboard. I tried to get the hang of it once at age 12 and again at 20. It’s not for me.
4. I’m a middle child, and my two brothers are my best friends. I love and admire them both.
5. When Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 came out on video, my brothers and I watched it seven times in a row. Because Donatello cracks his knuckles in one scene, I started doing it myself. If I ever have bad arthritis, it’s Donatello’s fault.
6. When I was in high school I worked as an intern for public affairs at the Charleston Air Force base. I was assigned to take pictures of George Dubya when he arrived on base. A secret service agent gave me a matchbook from Air Force One; it was sea-foam green and had a gold presidential seal on it. I left it in my pocket, and then washed those pants. Next time I see a secret service agent I'll see if he can give me a new one.
7. I love mythology. Whether it’s Greek, Roman, Hindu, Indian, American, Japanese, or Celtic, they are all connected in one way or another. How is that not fascinating?
8. My wife can throw harder, faster, and farther than I can. This does not bother me in any way--I'm not what you'd call a sports guy.
9. I have a no-vomit streak of 16 years and counting.
10. My middle name really does start with the letter D. Though I have been called a delight, I generally try to stay away from punning my name.