I’m a writer, illustrator and designer and I live in Charlotte, NC. I come from a Navy family so I grew up all over the country, but my wife and I call Charlotte our home. It's always been my dream to create things for a living, so that's what I do. Sometimes I get paid for it.
In addition to writing and drawing, I also like video games. Like in a "I listen to several game-related podcasts a week" kind of way. Oh, I like being a dad too. That's fun.
And now, 10 random things about me:
1. When I was a kid I had this weird OCD thing where if I touched something with one hand I had to touch it with the other too…I grew out of that.
2. I taught speech at Harding University for a year. Turns out I really enjoy teaching college students. I think I might give it another go someday.
3. I have always wanted to skateboard. I tried to get the hang of it once at age 12 and again at 20. It’s not for me.
4. I’m a middle child, and my two brothers are my best friends. I love and admire them both.
5. When Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 came out on video, my brothers and I watched it seven times in a row. Because Donatello cracks his knuckles in one scene, I started doing it myself. If I ever have bad arthritis, it’s Donatello’s fault.
6. I don't know how to small-talk about sports.
7. When I was in high school I worked as an intern for public affairs at the Charleston Air Force base. I was assigned to take pictures of George Dubya when he arrived on base. A secret service agent gave me a matchbook from Air Force One; it was sea-foam green and had a gold presidential seal on it. I left it in my pocket, and then washed those pants. Next time I see a secret service agent I'll see if he can give me a new one.
8. I love mythology. Whether it’s Greek, Roman, Hindu, Indian, American, Japanese, or Celtic, they are all connected in one way or another. How is that not fascinating?
9. I have a no-vomit streak of 19 years and counting.
10. My middle name really does start with the letter D. Though I have been called a delight, I generally try to stay away from punning my own name.